Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

cristianomoraes
Frequent Visitor

Publish to the Web with RLS

Hi!

I'm new user of Power BI and I'm using a Power BI PRO version.

I just want to publish to the Web (URL) but my report uses RLS (Row Level Security), so, this option don't appear to me.

How can i obtain an iframe for each user (RLS) ??

Cristiano

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

@cristianomoraes The "Publish to Web" feature does not support RLS. Note the documentation page here under "Limitations".

There are developer tools that you could leverage. If your application is external facing, you can use "Power BI Embedded" - this supports RLS - here

And for throwing reports into an iFrame for an internal app, I assume that RLS applied to the report would work - but I'm not very familiar with that area.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

@cristianomoraes First, you can only use Power BI Embedded if the report is for an external facing application. (FYI).

Here is a walkthrough that should answer your questions.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @cristianomoraes,

Agree with @Seth_C_Bauer's point, as the dataset has RLS settings, it's not supported to publish the report to web. To work around the issue, you can use Power BI Embedded. For more details, please refer to links below:

How to use Power BI Embedded with REST

Power BI Embedded using Web Forms and Row Level Security

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@cristianomoraes The "Publish to Web" feature does not support RLS. Note the documentation page here under "Limitations".

There are developer tools that you could leverage. If your application is external facing, you can use "Power BI Embedded" - this supports RLS - here

And for throwing reports into an iFrame for an internal app, I assume that RLS applied to the report would work - but I'm not very familiar with that area.

Tks Eno!

Is there any example I can follow with Embedded? I am not very familiar with programming

@cristianomoraes First, you can only use Power BI Embedded if the report is for an external facing application. (FYI).

Here is a walkthrough that should answer your questions.

CahabaData
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

for RLS one must have users that are registered & logged into your Power BI / O365 account....

a separate iFrame by 'X' would essentially require a separate report PBIX file I believe.....

www.CahabaData.com

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors