Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Cars1010
Regular Visitor

Publish to entire organisation

I am trying to publish a Learning/Training course and make it available to the entire organisation. My goal is that every end user will see the app on their main Power BI Portal and when they click on it, they can directly access the Learning/Training course or, if it cannot be avoided, link to an app which itself links to the Learning/Training course. How do I go about it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Cars1010 ,

Yes, you have will to publish it to the app.  In the training material, I would use a link shortener so it is not the huge ugly APP URL.

I would appreciate Kudos if my response was helpful. I would also appreciate it if you would Mark this As a Solution if it solved the problem. Thanks!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @Cars1010 ,

Assuming that you have permissions to do this, you can create the App.  Then, in permissions add the entire group of people (hopefully your AD is linked and you just select "all people" instead of having to type each name.  Be sure to select "Install this app automatically" so they don't have to all go out and find it themselves.  Finally, after the app is created, select "Feature this app on Home" and then it will be on everybody's Home page.

I would appreciate Kudos if my response was helpful. I would also appreciate it if you would Mark this As a Solution if it solved the problem. Thanks!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Thank you @collinq , much appreciated. So, I still need to publish a report or dashboard in the app. I am wondering how to make this visually attractive so that users won't just see a link to the learning/training material.

Hi @Cars1010 ,

Yes, you have will to publish it to the app.  In the training material, I would use a link shortener so it is not the huge ugly APP URL.

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Thanks @collinq ! 

It works well for me and one colleague as we are both admins of the workspace. But no one else can see the Featured app in their Power BI home page. I have published the app to the entire organisation and yet, people cannot see it. I saw in one documentation that people need to have at least 'Viewer' rights to the workspace in order to see the featured app. Is this correct and if so, I wonder why.

Hi @Cars1010 ,

I guess I made the assumption that folks had the appropriate permissions.  But, yes, they have to have permissions to see the App (and a license).  The level of permission is based on what you want.  So, "Viewer" would be appropriate if you just want them to see it.

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors