Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Razorbx13
Post Patron
Post Patron

Publish to Web

When Publish to Web you get that warning message and then a code to share.  Where exactly is this "report" stored?  Yes it is public and I want to make it available to a few City Council members via the link, but is it sitting out there somewhere for somebody to Search?  Could someone, somehow, without the link get to the report?  Just curious.

2020-10-28_14-37-30.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Razorbx13,

Yes, this feature will generate a share link to access. Everyone who knows the link can access this without any permission required.

Notice: This link is a random guid id generated by power bi without any regular formats. If other users not know the link, it is hard to manually find out the share sources. 

If you afraid this link has been leaked, I'd like to suggest you package this to buttons or other entities that contain navigation features. Then you can share this with others to prevent the leak of the root contents link.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Razorbx13,

Yes, this feature will generate a share link to access. Everyone who knows the link can access this without any permission required.

Notice: This link is a random guid id generated by power bi without any regular formats. If other users not know the link, it is hard to manually find out the share sources. 

If you afraid this link has been leaked, I'd like to suggest you package this to buttons or other entities that contain navigation features. Then you can share this with others to prevent the leak of the root contents link.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

What it does is it makes the report accessible to anyone who has the link.

And yes in theory you can search for Power BI publish to web reports, but it is not easy to find out what the content is in them

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors