Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jwalter10
Helper I
Helper I

Publish to Web, single visual or partial report

Is there a way to create an embed code that will show just a single visual, or possibly a subset of visuals from a report?  My working copy has many pages and some unworking visuals, i dont want to share them.  I would like to be able to send out an embed link that will only have the single visual I want to share, or even better, a flag that I could set on a subset of my many visuals that will only publish those that are ready and that I care about sharing?  

My only other option that I can see is creating a new pbix file in my desktop that only has those visuals i care to share, uploading that reduced file, then publishing to web from there...but then i start running into version control issues for latest edits.  I dont even see how I could create a local pbix file that only has a subset of visuals, except by doing a full copy and then deleting the unwanted visuals...a lot of work every time i make an update and subject to errors.  If there is an easy way to do that, I would love to hear about it.  

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

That is a current limitation of publish to web.

If you are using Power BI Pro licenses you can create multiple dashboards with the information you want.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

That is a current limitation of publish to web.

If you are using Power BI Pro licenses you can create multiple dashboards with the information you want.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors