Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Fowmy
Super User
Super User

Publish to Web not working for specific Security Group

I have enabled Published to Web in the Tenant Setting for a particular security group which has one user who is the Global Admin but the option doesn't appear in the File menu of the report. When I enabled the same option for the Entire Organization, it works!.

Can someone help me on this please?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Fowmy,

According to your description, your account is premium license, right? In admin portal-> Tenant settings-> Add specific security groups or users and check if the user or group name(account) is valid.

Capture.PNG 

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Hi Jimmy,

My account is not under premium capacity. I have tried the same way you have shown, entering the specific security group but the "Publish to Web" doesn't appear for any report. Only Global Admin's user ID  is added in the security group "AdminSG".

"Publish to Web"  option appears if I set the permission to Entire Organization.

Publish to Web.PNG

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

Hi Fowmy,

Are your security group created in O365 Admin Portal or on sharepoint site? Enable "Pulish to web" is only applicable for security group which has been created in O365 Admin Portal, for how to create, edit, delete security group in O365 Admin Portal, please refer to: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/admin/email/create-edit-or-delete-a-security-group?view=o....

Capture.PNG 

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors