Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mansivora
Frequent Visitor

Publish to Web - Is it possible to customize the share message and link

Hi everyone,

I have multiple reports that are published on a single webpage using Publish to web option. I see some sharing options down at the bottom right. I wanted to know

• Is it possible to customize the message that gets shared? 
  • Is it possible to customize the URL being shared? for instance, our page has multiple sections, and we would like to share the specific report/section that users click share on. Is that even possible?
  • If a user filters a report to a specific timeframe, and then clicks share, is it possible that the shared report is also filtered?

I have been unable to find all this information anywhere. Would love some help here.

Share.PNG

Thanks

Mansi 

3 REPLIES 3
agnes_ee
Frequent Visitor

You can add referrerpolicy Attribute to the iframe: https://www.w3schools.com/tags/att_iframe_referrerpolicy.asp.

For example, to link exact url of the page (or section) you can use “same-origin” like this:

<iframe referrerpolicy="same-origin" width="600" height="373.5" src="https://..." frameborder="0" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @mansivora,

• Is it possible to customize the message that gets shared? 

I'm afraid not.

• Is it possible to customize the URL being shared? for instance, our page has multiple sections, and we would like to share the specific report/section that users click share on. Is that even possible?

Yes. Based on my test, if a report contains multiple report pages, the shared URL is similar, expect for the appended part

"&pageName=ReportSection069bdd8eaa61247a1705"

• If a user filters a report to a specific timeframe, and then clicks share, is it possible that the shared report is also filtered?

No. Sharing a report doesn't keep the state of slicer selection, it always shares the original view. 

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks @v-yulgu-msft, this helps. 

To clarify the second point: we were embedding the IFrame code on a page we built. That webpage has multiple sections and each section has a different Power BI report (single page reports) embedded in it. Now when we try to share any of the Power BI report, it shares the generic URL of the web page and not the particular section. I was hoping if there is anyway to share the relevant section, instead?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors