Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ghouse_peer
Post Patron
Post Patron

Publish to Microsoft Teams

Hello Guys,

I have created  reports in power bi desktop using sharepoint as data source. I have published the same reports to power bi service by creating a new workspace of mine. Now i have to show the same reports in microsoft teams.  Users in microsoft teams doesn't have pro license. Is there any way out to show the reports to users or integrate pbix file in Microsoft teams, so that users without pro license can also view the reports in microsoft teams. Kindly help 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Mariusz
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @ghouse_peer 

Consumers of the reports need to have Pro licences or your workspace needs to be backed Premium capacity or Embedded ( but with embedded, I'm not 100% sure ).

Best Regards,
Mariusz

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution.

Please feel free to connect with me.
LinkedIn

View solution in original post

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ghouse_peer ,

According to this document, Power BI Pro license is required for your users to view the report with Power BI tab or Share to Teams button.

You have these options to share the report with non-licensed users:

• Buy Premium
  • Deploy the reports to Power BI Reporting Server on-premise or use other reporting engine (e.g. SSRS)
  • Send them the .pbix files directly (e.g. by e-mail)
  • Export the report to file (e.g. PowerPoint) and share it
  • Use Publish to web - keep in mind that this makes them public and anyone with this link can see them (also there are some limitations, e.g. you can't do this for reports with RLS)
  • Embed within your application using app owns data scenario (see: Embed Power BI content into an application for your customers)
  • And of course, buy Power BI Pro licenses for your colleagues 🙂

Reference: Sharing a Power BI report as a Pro user with non pro users.

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
shafiz
Frequent Visitor

Easiest way to share the power Bi report with other user who does not have power bi pro license in Microsoft Teams is to select File > Embed report > Publish to the web (public) (From Power Bi Service). Then go to the Microsoft Teams, add a website tab and paste the link. Now the non pro user can view and interact with the report.

Regards,

Shahariar Hafiz

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ghouse_peer ,

According to this document, Power BI Pro license is required for your users to view the report with Power BI tab or Share to Teams button.

You have these options to share the report with non-licensed users:

• Buy Premium
  • Deploy the reports to Power BI Reporting Server on-premise or use other reporting engine (e.g. SSRS)
  • Send them the .pbix files directly (e.g. by e-mail)
  • Export the report to file (e.g. PowerPoint) and share it
  • Use Publish to web - keep in mind that this makes them public and anyone with this link can see them (also there are some limitations, e.g. you can't do this for reports with RLS)
  • Embed within your application using app owns data scenario (see: Embed Power BI content into an application for your customers)
  • And of course, buy Power BI Pro licenses for your colleagues 🙂

Reference: Sharing a Power BI report as a Pro user with non pro users.

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Mariusz
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @ghouse_peer 

Consumers of the reports need to have Pro licences or your workspace needs to be backed Premium capacity or Embedded ( but with embedded, I'm not 100% sure ).

Best Regards,
Mariusz

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution.

Please feel free to connect with me.
LinkedIn

@Mariusz @Icey  Thanks for the info , it really helped me.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors