Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

MrSPV

Publish report to O365

Hi

Maybe I'm missing something obvious but once I've created a report how would I embed it on an O365 site\page? I've looked for a Power BI app without much luck (only some third party app) and I have Power BI in my O365 'apps launcher' (top lefthand dropdown) but it just takes me directly to the Power BI site.

I want to take one of my reports\visualisations and have it actaully appear on my page along with the rest of the page content. Is that easy to do?

Thanks

Mike

3 REPLIES 3
DSimma
Advocate II
Advocate II

You can make a report and publish it to the Power BI Service, then open it in the PBI Site and share it publicly by going to File and then publish to web. 

When you do this you will get a web link and the embed code to embed your report into another site. 

I've done a bit more experimenting but none of it has resulted in anything usable. Aside from the issue that the link makes the report potentially visible to the general public the two methods I've tried of embedding the report in an O365 page do not work very well. I tried using the page viewer webpart with the URL and got this:

powerbi1.png

I guess I could fiddle with the webpart size but it's not good.

I also tried the content editor webpart using an iframe but got this:

powerbi2.png

Better, but how do I get rid of the 'footer' and make the chart fill the frame (without having to click a button)? If I make the chart 'fill' the report page in PowerBI it appears to make no difference to what is seen via the published link.

Thanks

There's an app in the Office store that allows you to embed Power BI in SharePoint/O365 sites. However, you have to pay for it. https://store.office.com/power-bi-tiles-for-sharepoint-WA104379750.aspx?assetid=WA104379750&sourceco...

Treb Gatte, Power BI Red Carpet Partner | Microsoft MVP | Twitter | Blog | Blog 2

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors