Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TwiNik2528

Publish on Web option is not showing on Power BI Service

Hi Experts,

I am new to Power BI, However i am facing a very strange issue into the Process of Publishing the Power BI report which has Row Level Security.

Licence Details: I have Power BI Pro Licence.

Note: I am able to find the Option of "Publish to web" for the Reports which does not have any row level securities into it. but when i am click on the files tab for Publish the Report which has Row level security it disappears.

Also guide me if i have missed any steps or it has some configurations to do.

Thanks in Advance.

Dev_Nikhil

5 REPLIES 5
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

@TwiNik2528   maybe this can help?

http://radacad.com/row-level-security-configuration-in-power-bi-desktop

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

@vanessafvg 

Thank you  for providing such an amazing article, however, the issue is not related with the Development of role based security.

i am not able to publish the report which has role based securities applied into it, thats where i am stuck. i have publish to web Option into the simple report but not it the Report where i want.

hope you understand the issue.

@TwiNik2528  ok can you explain to me what you mean when you say it disappears?  what disappears?

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Okey take a look at the Below Image which has Highlighted Publish to Web Option.power bi.png

This Option is not available when i am trying to share a report which has Row Level Securities into it.

Note: I am Using same account which has Power BI Pro Licence.powerbi report.png

I Hope you have clear Idea of the road block.

@TwiNik2528  aha!  now i get it, this is only a guess i would assume the row level security makes it impossible to share this as publish to web because of the security settings in it, publish to web means everyone can see it and you cannot limit the security on it

'When you use Publish to web, the report or visual you publish can be viewed by anyone on the Internet. There is no authentication used when viewing these reports.'

Publish to web is available on reports in your personal or group workspaces that you can edit. You cannot use Publish to web with reports that were shared with you, or reports that rely on row level security to secure the data. See the Limitations section below for a complete list of cases where Publish to web isn't supported. Review the Warning earlier in this article before using Publish to web.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-publish-to-web

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors