Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Publish changes to existing dataset not showing

Hi,

I have been modifying an existing report, that has been published to the power bi service.  This report uses a Sharepoint data source and is published to a workgroup that has premium capacity applied.  The dataset is scheduled to refresh hourly (between 7am to 7pm).

The changes I have made is to convert a few date fields from UTC to my current timezone.  I am doing this using a Power Query custom function (with a hard coded timezone conversion), which creates new columns.  I have then replaced existing fields within the report with these new columns.

The issue I am having is that when I publish the report to the existing workspace, the changes are not showing.  I have attempted to edit the report within powerbi.com and the report shows the correct new fields in the visuals/formulas.  But, regardless, the report does not show the new data.

I have tried publishing the report to the users personal workspace as a new report and this works correctly.

It appears that the data set is not or has not refreshed correctly.

I have attempted to refresh the data multiple times.  I have attempted clearing the cache within powerbi desktop before publishing.  The only thing I haven't done is delete the report and dataset and publish it as new.  I do not want to do this, as the report is embedded and shared with a substantial number of users.

This is beyond frustrating.  Can anyone advise what I can do to fix this issue?  Is this something that should be escalated to Microsoft support?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

Can you first try clicking on the Reset to Default to make sure that there is not some filter which is causing the issue?

Failing that I would then log a support ticket: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro/

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

Can you first try clicking on the Reset to Default to make sure that there is not some filter which is causing the issue?

Failing that I would then log a support ticket: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro/

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thans for responding @GilbertQ 

This is not the first time this has happened to me on this tenancy (its a client that I am doing some work for - the last time, I converted the logic into a DAX query and dealt with it at the report level.  This time its too much work!).

There is no default filter to reset, so I will get my client to lodge a support ticket.

Thanks

I have never had an issue where the data is not showing in the Power BI Service.

The only other thing to look into is there a proxy server that could be caching the results?

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

So, in the end....

When I asked the client to lodge a ticket to Microsoft, I was greeted with a "Do we have to?".

While not my preference, I took the script out of Power Query and made an equivalent formula in DAX.  Meant having to duplicate the formula multiple times, but at least it worked.

I am still miffed, though, that after all this time, UTC time conversions are such a hassle.  Maybe its time to raise this again as a feature request.

Thanks for your help anyway

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors