Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

james_work
Frequent Visitor

Public Preview of Multiple Audiences for Power BI Apps

Tried this today, and not impressed.

Now that I have activated it, a report I had in the workspace (but not included in the app) in not selectable in the 2) Content - Add Content section (it is a usage report).

Q1 - How do we add content when this behaviour manifests?

I had numerous reports that were in an old app. All put one are now appearing in the updated app. Everytime I go into the 3) Audience section, my report is greyed out and the eye icon crossed. I uncross it, the report ungreys but when I update the app it stubbornly refuses to be visible.

Q2 - How do we fix this behaviour?

Overall, the idea seems good but implementation is not great (apprecaite it is public preview).

Q3 - How do we roll back?

And to Microsoft - when the answer to 3 is - "you can't" - why not?

4 REPLIES 4
DerekLedbetter
Regular Visitor

At my employer, the team just built the first one.  What one user asks, if we can "move" audience.  Even though there is a "move left, move right, delete", it appears the "move" option does not save, even if the app is updated.

Is there a way to "reorder" the audiences after being built?

james_work
Frequent Visitor
james_work
Frequent Visitor

Update:

Q1 - This appears to be because you can never add a usage report to an app. It is correct?

Q2 - The only way I could get this working was to delete the report from the workspace, then republish. Anyone else experiencing

JasonBreedlove
Frequent Visitor

Is it still impossible to roll back?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors