Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

moomarine
Helper II
Helper II

ProjectPlace Online service credentials failure

Hi

I have developed a dashboard that gets data through the ProjectPlace Beta (OData) connection. I connect to this using my organisational credentials when using PBI Desktop which works fine (i do not get asked to enter credentials it only gives me the option to use my current credentials). Once i publish the dashboard to the online service I get a credential error when trying to refresh. Error attached as a screen shot.

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
moomarine
Helper II
Helper II

I resolved this issue by using the odata option rather than the Beta ProjectPlace one. Just informing in case this helps someone else out. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
moomarine
Helper II
Helper II

I resolved this issue by using the odata option rather than the Beta ProjectPlace one. Just informing in case this helps someone else out. 

luisrh
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Please note that there are 2 OData endpoints for projectplace.  The Beta Projectplace one is for using with old connector that had a content pack.  What you are doing is correct.  If you have any more questions, reach out to customer care at Planview.  They will be able to help.

nandukrishnavs
Super User
Super User

@moomarine 

Hope you have already referred to this https://success.planview.com/Projectplace/Integrations/Visualize_your_Projectplace_data_using_PowerB...

Not sure if you can add this source in the gateway.  Install the on-premise gateway (Not personal mode) and try that as well.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/data-integration/gateway/service-gateway-manage

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Appreciate with a kudos
🙂

Regards,
Nandu Krishna

Hi, yes I followed this guide and it does not help. Also project place is not on premise so I can't use our gateway to access it.

@moomarine You can add online sources also into gateway. Sometimes it will resolve the issues. Just try that. Choose OData source from gateway settings.

Regards,
Nandu Krishna

Cheers I will try this tomorrow and see if it works tha ks for your help. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors