Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

corbusier
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Programmatically add Power BI Service IP addresses to whitelist?

I understand that Power BI Service IP Addresses are available at the following URL: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=41653

However, these are updated every week. Is there a programmatic way to get these IP addresses into another service, such as an AWS Security Group?

Downloading an XML file every time to update the IP addresses by hand has got to be not the ideal solution Microsoft is envisioning, right?

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi corbusier,

Are you trying to scrapying the power bi service ip in an assigned interval? If you are, not sure if microsoft will take action to block your ip, you can write some spider programs to do this. However, why do you want to achieve power bi service ip? What's your requirement?

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

In order for the Redshift server to let the Power BI service through the firewall, I need to add the IP addresses from the Power BI service to the whitelist on AWS. Microsoft says that these IP addresses can change from week to week. I'd like to keep the list updated, at least for my Power BI region's IP addresses. Is there a way to do this automatically? 

This problem doesn't occur when using Azure DWH or SQL DB, since both are Microsoft services. However with other services where the firewall access is limited, its a pain.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors