Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DonHoog
Frequent Visitor

Processing error: The key didn't match any rows in the table

Hi,

I took over some dataflows from a colleague but I cant figure out what the problem is.

Here is what I know:

There is a PBIX file with some tabs. When I click refresh in Power BI desktop everything refreshes fine and data is actually updated.

When I upload the PBIX file to the Power BI service the report is uploaded, however a red triangle appears besides the dataset mentioning the error in the subject of this post. Also automatic refreshes of the dataset raises the same error and the last update date (at the top of the report) is not updated, not even when uploaded manually. When I refresh the dataflows that are used to build the report they all work fine, they will not raise errors.

The only thing I have experienced is that there is some issue with credentials. When I try to make a copy of some dataflows I get a mention that credentials are wrong. If I then fill in the correct credentials, it still displays an error message as if credentials are wrong. However, when I check the gateway in the power bi service it is "Online" and when I log in with the same credentials in the Gateway on the server it also does not give any errors. 

Are the credentials somehow wrong in the Power BI service, and if yes, can I reset them in some way? Or is there another reason I get this error? Any help will be appreciated 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Loan
Frequent Visitor

I found a solution for my issue:

I had to recreate a new dataflow, with the same tables so that was easy

After that, refresh the sources in PowerQuerry in my pbix file for each tables

And finaly, upload the pbix in Power Service, so that the dataset can switch on the new dataflow

Hope it can help you too

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Loan
Frequent Visitor

Hi, i have the same probleme since this week-end.

I'm in the same data pipeline configuration: I have my data in a PG-sql, then send the data to a Dataflow and in Power BI desktop I call the data from the dataflow and finaly, publish it to Power BI service.

i have the same error "The key didn't match any rows in the table"

But it seems that the probleme come for the dataflow, when i look at the credential settings, i have a dplication of my SQL database, but i cannont delete it.
And when i want to update the one in error, it refresh witthout ant validation/confirmation 

sql.png

Loan
Frequent Visitor

I found a solution for my issue:

I had to recreate a new dataflow, with the same tables so that was easy

After that, refresh the sources in PowerQuerry in my pbix file for each tables

And finaly, upload the pbix in Power Service, so that the dataset can switch on the new dataflow

Hope it can help you too

DonHoog
Frequent Visitor

I have also come to a solution, although I dont understand why exactly.

In the post below I explain that I updated the credentials. 

Apparently that worked because I have no errors anymore for 2 days in a row now.

I guess I needed to wait for some time before the Power BI service understood the changes.

I am glad it is now fixed for us both but maybe the Power BI service people can try to minimize these bugs in the future. 😉

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DonHoog ,

We have reported your issue and have submitted to internal icm 320764522 , engineers are doing their best to fix this issue . please be patient and I will give you feedback here once there is any progress.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

I have an update regarding this issue.

I have found out that you should not configure a gateway connection in your Dataset when using a Dataflow. We use a gateway on a particular server, then send the data to a Dataflow. Then in the Power BI desktop I call the data from the dataflow and publish it to Power BI service.

In the Settings of the Dataset you should under "Gateway Connection" > "Use an On-premises or VNet data gateway" > Set it to "Off". Then under Data Source Credentials you should click "Edit Credentials" and set your updated credentials. This solved the issue for me for a moment.

However, 2 hours later I refreshed the dataset and I got the same "The key didn't match any rows in the table" error. Do you have any idea why my error was solved temporarily and why it has now returned? When I execute the steps again I cannot fix the error anymore, it keeps displaying the red triangle. 😞

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors