Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Isuru_Lokuge
Regular Visitor

Processing error: SharePoint: Request failed

Hi all,

I keep getting above "sharepoint request failed" error for power BI reports for schcedule refreshes that were working perfectly earlier (couple of months back).

(API version is 15). Could anyone suggest a solution for this matter ? (I alreay tried  removing credentials and reapplying them but it didn't work)

Best Regards,

Isuru

7 REPLIES 7
Isuru_Lokuge
Regular Visitor

Thank you all for your valueable ideas currently I am proceeding this with microsoft team and if I get a positive solution I will share it in here as well!!!

v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Isuru_Lokuge 

What is the data source in the dataset and which connector is used to connect to it?

Can you create a new report connecting to the same data source using the same user credentials, and test whether this new dataset can be refreshed in the service? You can filter rows to a small subset of data with Power Query Editor and do this test. One possible cause is the large data volume, so you can first test the connection with small data.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing

Hi,

Data source is "sharepoint folder" (some BI files are using .pdf files and all others are using online Excel files stored in sharepoint folders) but this issue is recurring for all of the dashboard that using sharepoint files as data soruce files even for dashboards that only has 10,000 rows of data with less than 10 columns hence I have created a ticket and discussing regarding the same issue with Microsoft team (from Sharepoint side and Power BI aspects as well)

Isuru_Lokuge
Regular Visitor

@lbendlin Hi, thanks for your reply and suggestion. But I already tried that before posting in the community based on answers in similar threads. For me that didn't work.

If you have a Pro license you can consider raising a Pro ticket at https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro/

Hi @lbendlin  Yeah will do it, I just checked in here before raising a ticket

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

In the Power BI workspace, renew the credentials for the sharepoint connection even if it says you don't need to.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors