Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

waichinglin
Frequent Visitor

Processing error: Information is needed in order to combine data

Hi, 

My dataset which was refreshed fine previously is now having data refresh processing error - Information is needed in order to combine data. I've tried and follow the given steps:

1) Set privacy levels of current file with "Ignore the Privacy Levels and potentially improve performance".

2) Edit data source permission of the file's privacy level is with Organizational

3) Republish the dataset onto the PBI service

4) Ensure the data source credentials' privacy level is Organizational on the PBI service.

However, dataset refresh still fail. My data sources are Azure SQL server, and Excel files from sharepoint.

There is no gateway connection setup for this dataset. 

When I refresh my dataset via PBI desktop, it works fine.

Any idea how could I get this throught?

Thanks in advance!

Kind Regards,

Lin

2 REPLIES 2
cmeu
Advocate III
Advocate III

The service needs to support ignore privacy checks option. When used internally within only our tenant this feature ( as well as the formula firewall ) is not useful, but only creates lots of problems for us.
Power Query should have a method to override a sources privacy setting in-line so that non-admins can work around weird issues that occur to previous known-good datasets.

MattKarriker2
Helper II
Helper II

I am having the same issue.  I feel there was an update in the service causing this issue.  Anyone from Microsoft want to confirm this so we can quit chasing ghosts.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors