Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

arielcedola
Helper III
Helper III

Procedure suggested to publish and schedule the refresh of reports, for customer in remote location

Hi,

when you create reports for customers remotely, what is the procedure you follow for publication and scheduling of data refresh? do you ask credentials to your customer to work directly on its workspace? or do you publish the drafts in your own subscription, and then once you have the final approval you send the pbix file for the customer to publish itself the report on its own account? how do you manage the scheduling of data refresh, in the case the customer's data is on-prem? do you guide the customer to install and configure a gateway by itself?

Thank you so much for your suggestions.

1 REPLY 1
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

When consulting for clients I have found the following is the easiest:

1. Work within their environment, because this allows you to access the data sources, make sure everything works and gateways can be setup and configured correctly.
2. You will need an account in their domain, which is a temporary account but ensures that everything will work as expected when the work is done. Which saves a lot of time and issues later down the road.
3. If you have the experience it will take you a small amount of time to setup and configure what is required. Compared to trying to walk them through something that can easily take 2-4X longer

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors