Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

Problems with publish to web

Hi, I've noticed Publish to Web feature is working fine when I have normal report with cusom visuals. However when I have R script visual report, Publish to Web is not generating any code.This behaviour has bee seen with using "oz" package in R. Using ggplot2 works fine.

12 REPLIES 12
Maxx
Regular Visitor

Same problem

All R visuals work fine in desktop,, None is Web

Maxx
Regular Visitor

I get the same issue.  All R visuals working fine in the desktop.

None working in Web or published pages

All R visuals are working fine in the desktop.Publish to web is not supporting R visuals in power bi pro.

Any update on this issue?

Thanks.

siddhupiddu

you wrote that you were able to publish to web while doing an R visualization with ggplot2. I am unable to do so .. can you help?

I inserted an R visual  then did :

library(ggplot2)

ggplot(dataset, aes(a)) + geom_histogram(binwidth=20)

Hi siddhupiddu this morning l have deployed to PowerBi.com a report when go to the R visual l get an error message (see below).  The visual does render correctly in the PowerBI desktop file, it also uses the ggplot2 library Smiley Sad

error.jpg

compkos
Frequent Visitor

Hello

Same problem here with ggplot2 and power bi web

On Power BI Desktop everything works fine

For several days they do not work  r scripts to graph charts in web version of power bi while normally operate in version dekstop.

From Microsoft Support for power bi not have any information.

I thought  Power BI service very reliable until this happened so that report had been made with the support R Scripting of this time not work and make the product unreliable since there is no and the relative Support from Microsoft

Same error.  Can't get any of the r-visuals i've created to render in the web interface.  Works fine in the desktop.

fcivardi
Advocate I
Advocate I

I also tried to Publish to Web a report with an R visual (a Decision Tree using the "party" library), and "Creating a code" stays forever. Maybe it depends on the library used.

Yes l was able to reproduce the issue that ankitpatira had.  So l agree it could depend on the library, although to be fair its still in beta.

BobF
Helper I
Helper I

Hi l have been playing with R-visuals yesterday and had a report which l published to PowerBi.com.  As an experiment l tried the publish to web facility, with the report including an R-visual.  It seems to have worked for me.  Have you tried publishing it again?

The PowerBI service seems to be work in progress some of the services not working quite as l would expect.  So sometimes things have worked if l try them again.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors