Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Problems with publicating a dashboard in premium spacework

Good afternoon!

I have a problem in relation to the publication of a dashboard in a premium workspace through the desktop app. 

I have a Pro license, and we have a premium workspace but paid by another company (I have the admin category there), and I think that this is causing us problems, because we are trying to publicate our dashboard in that workspace and it doesn't appear in the publication window. 

Does anyone know how can this be solved? Or is it impossible to publicate dashboards in a premium workspace which doesn't belong to the same company than your account?

Thank you so much!

Elena

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Agree with  TomMartens.

If you want to publish content to Service, you need to use an account within your organization. You can use your account in the advanced workspace (the one in the organization) for report publishing and then add user from the other organization as guest user into the workspace for collaborative sharing.

When you are in two different organizations, even if you are invited to be a Guest user and you can edit and manage content in workspaces.You still need to be aware that you need to use a Tenant URL in order to access another organization's workspace.

You can see some restrictions in this case on the guest user:

vcaitlynmstf_2-1631777902692.png

For more information, you can refer to:

Azure AD B2B Guest users can now edit and manage content in Power BI to collaborate better across organizations 

Distribute Power BI content to external guest users with Azure AD B2B 

Hope it helps,

Community Support Team _ Caitlyn Yan

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Agree with  TomMartens.

If you want to publish content to Service, you need to use an account within your organization. You can use your account in the advanced workspace (the one in the organization) for report publishing and then add user from the other organization as guest user into the workspace for collaborative sharing.

When you are in two different organizations, even if you are invited to be a Guest user and you can edit and manage content in workspaces.You still need to be aware that you need to use a Tenant URL in order to access another organization's workspace.

You can see some restrictions in this case on the guest user:

vcaitlynmstf_2-1631777902692.png

For more information, you can refer to:

Azure AD B2B Guest users can now edit and manage content in Power BI to collaborate better across organizations 

Distribute Power BI content to external guest users with Azure AD B2B 

Hope it helps,

Community Support Team _ Caitlyn Yan

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @Anonymous ,

at the current moment it's not possible to use yourname@yourdomain.something to connect from Power BI Desktop to a tenant that's not tied to yourdomain.

For this reason you need a login that looks like this yourname@foreigndomain.something

Hopefully, this provides what you need to tackle your challenge.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors