Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

lukaspowerbi
Helper II
Helper II

Problems with personal gateway

Hello community,

I am having an issue with my data gateway when I refresh reports over night. When I have my personal laptop at my desk running over night, reports most of the time updates with no problem, however, when I take my laptop home or is at my desk byt turned off my daily refresh for all of the reports fails. How do I make sure that reports update regardless my laptop?

Error message after a failed refresh below:

Capture.JPG

Thank you.

Best,

Lukas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@lukaspowerbi It is most likely because you aren't domain connected when you are outside of work and the connection fails. A Enterprise Gateway belongs on a server so you don't have these issues. Hopefully you can get that loaded up on a machine that is always running and connected to the company domain.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
chethan
Resolver III
Resolver III

@lukaspowerbi@lukaspower 

Most probably Domain Authentication or Network Authentication from your company such as RSA, etc. or 2 steps or 3 step authentication.

Use your Company VPN it will work or use your shared Drive source it will work

Regards,

Chetan K

@lukaspowerbi It is most likely because you aren't domain connected when you are outside of work and the connection fails. A Enterprise Gateway belongs on a server so you don't have these issues. Hopefully you can get that loaded up on a machine that is always running and connected to the company domain.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors