Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
lukaspowerbi Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Problems with personal gateway

Hello community,

I am having an issue with my data gateway when I refresh reports over night. When I have my personal laptop at my desk running over night, reports most of the time updates with no problem, however, when I take my laptop home or is at my desk byt turned off my daily refresh for all of the reports fails. How do I make sure that reports update regardless my laptop?

Error message after a failed refresh below:

Capture.JPG

Thank you.

Best,

Lukas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Problems with personal gateway

@lukaspowerbi It is most likely because you aren't domain connected when you are outside of work and the connection fails. A Enterprise Gateway belongs on a server so you don't have these issues. Hopefully you can get that loaded up on a machine that is always running and connected to the company domain.

Near SE WI? Join our PUG MSBIWI
2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

@lukaspowerbi It is most likely because you aren't domain connected when you are outside of work and the connection fails. A Enterprise Gateway belongs on a server so you don't have these issues. Hopefully you can get that loaded up on a machine that is always running and connected to the company domain.

Near SE WI? Join our PUG MSBIWI
chethan Member

@lukaspowerbi@lukaspower 

Most probably Domain Authentication or Network Authentication from your company such as RSA, etc. or 2 steps or 3 step authentication.

Use your Company VPN it will work or use your shared Drive source it will work

Regards,

Chetan K