Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

axata
Helper I
Helper I

Problems with personal gateway

I successfully installed and configured the personal gateway in my system still its not showing the personal gateway status or any option for it to scheduled refresh by personal gateway on the power bi service.

4 REPLIES 4
axata
Helper I
Helper I

Hey! i installed the power bi personal gateway. i follow the all steps which are shown in documentation of power bi . but when i installed the gateway there are some steps are missing from the configuration processes and it successfully installed & configured the personal gateway. 

But, On the power BI service i can't found any option for the personal gateway refresh scheduling or status of gateway.

it's only showcase me the following screen even after i installed the gateway.Capture.PNG

v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @axata,

As I tested, I download the dataway and install it, when I select dataset in Power BI service, you select Gateway Connection, you will see the personal gateway.

1.PNG

Please check if you install it successful.

1. Enter your computer app and features, see there there is the gateway.

2.PNG

2. Please open your gateway and confirm it run sucessfully.

3.png

3. Click your dateset->Gateway Connect and Schedule Refresh, check if it works.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hey @v-huizhn-msft 

I considered your solution and checked over the gateway, and it is successfully installed in my system. but, on POWER BI service i cant't find any gatway connection option for personal gatway and still the dataset shows the same message -

"This dataset contains on-premises data sources. To schedule data refresh, try Power BI Pro for 60 days, or contact your Office 365 tenant administrator to purchase Power BI Pro."Capture1.PNG

there is no personal gateway option available in the dataset in my powerbi service.

Regards,

@axata

Hi @axata,

Where do your resource table come from? You should click Settings->Manage GateWays-> Add data resoucre. For example, the dataset data come from SQL server database, I create a SQL Server data resource.

2.PNG

3.png

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors