Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AlexP1981
Frequent Visitor

Problems with Editing Credentials

Hello,

I have a Desktop Report and associated files stored in my OneDrive for Business.  I am trying to do a package refresh but am having trouble with the credentials.  This Report, as far as I can tell, doesn't link to any off line reports at all (it did whilst I was building the report initially, but those data sources have since been amended to OneDrive files) Despite this, it is asking me to edit credentials for my H: drive and utilise a Gateway, which I do not want to do.  Any thoughts on why it would be asking me to do this and how I can resolve? 

Credentials.PNG

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AlexP1981
Frequent Visitor

I managed to get it working by refreshing my desktop file, and then saving, dragging and dropping it back into OneDrive.  I don't know whether there was some sort of phantom credentials which didn't get updated after I changed them, but the offline refresh seems to have done the trick

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AlexP1981
Frequent Visitor

I managed to get it working by refreshing my desktop file, and then saving, dragging and dropping it back into OneDrive.  I don't know whether there was some sort of phantom credentials which didn't get updated after I changed them, but the offline refresh seems to have done the trick

henriquesilveir
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

@AlexP1981 hello, read this article, and try to do the same https://docs.microsoft.com/pt-br/power-bi/refresh-desktop-file-onedrive#onedrive-or-onedrive-for-bus...

Have you using the same account of PBI to Onedrive?  

Let me know if this article help you!

Thanks for posting the link.  I did get it up and running in the end.  I've posted the solution below. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors