Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

glenncogar
Advocate I
Advocate I

Problems publishing report from desktop

Hi, is anyone else having publishing problems at the moment?

I am using Power BI Pro and for the past few days I am having an intermitant problem publishing updates to some of my reports. 

After clicking the Publish button, I get a pop up dialog telling me it is Publishing to Power BI but it never completes.  If I click Cancel it does not complete cancelling.  I usually have to go to 'Task Manager' and kill the task.

Strangely, my report is being published as I can see it on the Power BI service and its up to date with my changes.

This issue does not happen every time.  This morning I was able to publish a report but when I made another change to the report in Power BI Desktop and tried to re-publish I ran into the issue.  The same happened to me yesterday.

Anyone have any advice or ideas?

11 REPLIES 11
glenncogar
Advocate I
Advocate I

Thanks for all of your feedback 🙂 so it seems some people *are* affected by something similar and some are not.

The strange thing is, I can see my new/changed Power BI file and report on the Power BI web site but the publishing process never finishes as far as my Power BI Desktop is concerned.

What's the best way of raising this with Microsoft?  

I am assuming there is a common issue given others (but not all) have experienced this recently.

Hi there

If you have Power BI Pro or Premium you can log a support ticket

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Thanks GilbertQ but apparently I need to be an admin for my orgs account and I’m not

Is anyone else affected able to log a ticket and quote me as a +1 ? 🙂

anyone found the resolution?

No resolution but the problem seems to have 'disappeared' - maybe it was an intermittent issue that's been resolved.

Anyone still experiencing the issue?

I haven't yet, I am investigating whether it might be a network issue at our end but so far I don't think it is.

I'm not able to raise a ticket with Microsoft directly on this as it seems to take an admin from our account to do that so I'd be happy if someone else raised a ticket and told me about it so I can +1 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

I also have the same issue, I think it caused due to firewall blocking some data (not all) maybe a specific port that causes the PowerBI Desktop to wait until it connects to the web.

Did anyone find a solution or a workaround?

thanks

Hi there, I was working with the downloaded version and the Store version of Power BI Desktop and I did not have any issues.

Power BI Blog

NH
Advocate II
Advocate II

I've encountered the same problem as you today. Not sure is this due to the Jun Desktop update version.

I've had this problem for a couple of days now. PowerBI Store version.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there,

Just to confirm that you do have the latest version of Power BI Desktop installed?

I have not experienced that issue currently. I have got the Windows Store version installed.

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors