Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Axelle78
Regular Visitor

Problem with the Export of data

Hello

I have a trouble with the export of data :

My users which are not admin of the workspace can't export all the rows, their export is cut (I don't know the criteria used to cut the file ...). Me, as admin, I have no problem, I can export the whole table. They choose summarized data. My table has about 15 columns and 40000 rows. The file is cut to about 22000 rows

the problem is that the system doesn't give a warning or something to warn the user.

An idea ? is there a restriction for read-only users ?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Axelle78,

How many rows do those users see on service before exporting data? Do they apply any filter to visual when exporting data? If the visual is filtered, then the downloaded data will also be filtered. Do you set RLS to this report which limite users's access to specific data?

Also, please take a look at limilations and considerations when exporting data.

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for your answer.

Here some extra informations :

For data access, they have the same rights as I have

They are pro user so they should be able to export 150.000 rows

They see 40.000 rows on the table on powerbi.com but when they try to export they only have a little bit more than 20.000 rows and when I do the exact same export I have all the rows. I have tried to turn a user as an admin and after that he was able to export the whole table. But in the "Limitations and considerations", nothing is about a limitation for read-only users.

I don't understand what is going on ....

Thanks for your help !

Hi @Axelle78,

In my test, I could export all 40,000 data rows with read-only permission. For your problem, you could create a support ticket here for more analysis.

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Ok, I will do that ! Thanks

Hi @Axelle78,

If you get any responce regarding to this priblem, appreciate that you could share it so that it can benefit more users having similar concern.

Thanks,
Yuliana Gu

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors