Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

HAPBI

Problem with table visual when converting to PDF (text lines are cut off)

Hello,

I have a question regarding the table visual when converting from Power BI to PDF. When created in Power BI,  the tables look good and contain all the texts in the cells of the tables. However, when converting to PDF, the table contents of some cells are partially cut off or some lines are cut off completely (see attached screenshot als an example). What is the reason for this and is there a way to avoid this problem?

Thank you very much for your help!

Kind regards

Example_MissingTextInTable.png

7 REPLIES 7
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @HAPBI 
I tested the situation you mentioned. When there is too much text in the table, it cannot be displayed completely, you need to drag up and down .But the exported to PDF is a fixed image,there is no way to drag the content down display.
In Service, it is displayed in the form of a table, so you can drag and drop to display all the content. However, in PDF, it is fixed as a picture, and there is no way to display all the content. Unless you export it in excel format .
You can also put your opinions in Ideas.
https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

thanks for your reply.

It is a bit strange, because the text in Power BI itself is not too long and the table is displayed nicely with complete text. Only after the PDF conversion the text is then cut off. So you don't know about the problem before the conversion until you then see the finished PDF.

Thanks for the hint for the ideas forum. I will put an idea there.

Best regards

HAPBI

Thanks for your answer!

How does the workaround ("resizing the visual in Power BI") you mentioned work? Since in Power BI the tables look fine, I don't know what I could do there?! I wouldn't mind having to do the workaround on every refresh, if that would solve the problem....

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just place the cursor between the edges of the cells and drag up or down/right or left until the cell is displayed on its full size. This is done the same way as adjusting a table on Word, Power Point. 

(Vertically or horizontally)

Raymundo2910_0-1632325127886.png

Strange, it does not work for me. Maybe I am using an old Power BI version (April 2021) that does not support this feature yet. I can only increase and decrease the columns horizontally in the table header. But vertically I can neither adjust the table header nor individual row heights in the table.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, you are right, vertically it isn't possible yet!

On this case, try to make the columns wider then and collapse the ones that have space "leftover", that should give you the full size of the cell. 

Also, I have remembered another solution in case you are working only with tables: paginated reports. Just note that they require a Pro License and Premium workspace to be created- 

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is because visuals get extracted as images, not as tabular data. Unfortunately, the only workaround I know is resizing the visual on Power BI to get the fit you need, but this is not efficient as you would need to do this every time data gets refreshed. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors