Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
modi123p
Helper II
Helper II

Problem with data refresh - Concurrent multiple refreshes for a single dataset

Hi,

I m encountering problem wrt data refresh. Noticed... that at times, multiple refresh triggers gets executed.

This doesn't happen everyday or on every refresh. The size of dataset is very large and sometimes takes up way more time than normal.  Since the refresh is on Service, it is not possible to cancel refreshes on PBI reports.

When multiple instances are running, the UI doesn't show the loading/ refresh -in-progress icon. However, when you check the Refresh History, the status can be seen as In-progress.

Should this be reported as a bug?

Is it possible to provide cancel option for report refresh ... similar to Data Flows? 

multiple_refresh_in_progress.png

Regards,

Mannu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
collinq
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @modi123p ,

I am not sure that this is a bug.  This might just be a resource issue.   It might be worth a Microsoft support ticket.   Your other suggestion is a good idea.   Please create one (or find an existing  one) and then post that here so we can vote for it. 

I would appreciate Kudos if my response was helpful. I would also appreciate it if you would Mark this As a Solution if it solved the problem. Thanks!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
collinq
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @modi123p ,

I am not sure that this is a bug.  This might just be a resource issue.   It might be worth a Microsoft support ticket.   Your other suggestion is a good idea.   Please create one (or find an existing  one) and then post that here so we can vote for it. 

I would appreciate Kudos if my response was helpful. I would also appreciate it if you would Mark this As a Solution if it solved the problem. Thanks!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

View solution in original post

Thanks @collinq.

An idea already exists. I upvoted for it here.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/idea/?ideaid=9236c38f-21d8-4de2-8ff7-da5461cc48b0

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI User Groups

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

Top Solution Authors