Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DarrenWheatley
Regular Visitor

Problem with credentials - OAuth2

We've managed to configure our PowerBI dashboard site to allow refresh of a report that uses data from SQL servers (not a problem) and SharePoint lists (caused a few headaches).  We solved the problem by using OAuth2 authentication.  The problem is that I've published another report using more or less the same datasources (same SQL but the SP content is on a different team site) but when trying to set the credentials to Oauth2, we're only getting two options (anonymouse and windows) in the drop box.  I've seen this problem flagged before (though there didn't seem to be a conclusive answer published) but I think the original respondant couldn't get any of their reports to work.

Is there something you have to configure in Desktop perhaps that allows Oauth2 to be used?

10 REPLIES 10

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors