Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jiturra

Problem with Date Filter - Advanced filter

Hello community

I have a problem with a Date filter in my org. reports

I use the advanced Date filter (like "all pages filter") in the filter pane, and when the user change the date for update the report info they have only blank data in all fields of the report

This Filter worked before April 20th (2020)

No changes maked in the report

Finally, when I change the kind of filter to Basic or Relative, data is shown OK

Picture use Advanced DATE Filter (with the PROBLEM)

image.png

Picture use Basic DATE filter

image.png

Picture use Relative DATE filter

image.png

2 REPLIES 2
mjc543
Advocate II
Advocate II

I have noticed a recent problem as well - it appears that the Power BI *service* (not desktop) defaults to whatever the current time is, instead of leaving it at 12:00am. This causes data for your start date to be left out. Power BI did not start doing this until the last few days....

v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jiturra ,

Based on my test, I note that there seems no time with your date in your dataset. The default date time in power bi desktop is 12:00:00 AM, but you set the time as 5:36:00 PM so that the other filter on all pages will show blank. 

fliter problem.png12:00 filter.png5:00 filter.png

For this issue, there are two ways that you can try:

1. If your data has no time, please try to set the time filter as 12:00:00 AM in advanced filters
  2. If you want to set specific time in advanced filters, please try to add related time in your data and change the data type from Date into Date/time

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors