Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gluizqueiroz
Resolver I
Resolver I

Problem when export data to excel in embedded (Error 401 in request)

I have some Power BI projects embedded and yesterday the users call me to say that "Export Data" does not working anymore:

gluizqueiroz_0-1638889636934.png

English: 

Query execution for the Export Data operation resulted in an error.

I can export data from Power BI Desktop and from Power BI Web, but in embedded not.

If I check de Network tab in Developer Console, I can see some itens:

gluizqueiroz_1-1638889998998.png

I think the information about "X-PowerBI-CannotAccessV2WorkspaceAsV1" is important, but what it this?

If I check the this Workspace in Power BI Web, indeed it is "different" than others Workspace that I have (and export data continue working fine in newest workspaces).

This Workspace is very old, since 2017 (so so) and has some different options that others, for example:

gluizqueiroz_3-1638890460355.png

gluizqueiroz_5-1638890680551.png

Is that true that exists Workspace V1 and Workspace V2? 

Anyone know what this problem would be when exporting data?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @gluizqueiroz ,

This issue has been submitted internally.

Internal ICM ID: 277109021.

Please be patient to wait for fixing. If there is any news, I will update it here.

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @gluizqueiroz ,

This issue has been submitted internally.

Internal ICM ID: 277109021.

Please be patient to wait for fixing. If there is any news, I will update it here.

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

Hey @v-jayw-msft 

Thanks for help!

I create a new workspace, publish all my reports in the new workspace, create a new e-mail account to this client, register a new APP in "dev.powerbi.com", granted the permissions in Azure AD (same as my other clients where export work fine), change all the parameters that I use in Javascript Embedded and still does not working.
I am waiting some news.

Thanks!

StephenF
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

The issue also effects the sharepoint embedding, removing and adding the report fixes this.

sonja_aberdeen
Regular Visitor

Hi @gluizqueiroz!

We had the same issue for our embedded reports within Teams, but adding/removing the Power BI tabs seemed to resolve the issue. I'm not sure what caused it, we did rope in Microsoft Support (the functionality to add a new tab in Teams wasn't working for me before today) but I don't know if they'll look into it any further now we've found a solution.

Hi @sonja_aberdeen 

Glad to hear you can solve this problem. When you said "adding/removing the Power BI tabs", did you mean delete and create again this tabs?:

gluizqueiroz_0-1639063367054.png

I have tried create another new tab and put a simple table to try, but it does not work.

Hi @gluizqueiroz 

Apologies my wording was a bit confusing! I mean removing/readding the reports through Teams, so right clicking on the Teams "tab" and removing, then adding back again:

teams tab.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors