Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Alexis
Frequent Visitor

Problem sharing dashboard - You do not have access to this dashboard

I have created a dashboard which I have shared with one colleague successfully, however another colleague that I am sharing it with gets the following message when he clicks the link on the email:

You do not have access to this dashboard

This invitation in invalid

Any ideas?

Thanks

Alexis

9 REPLIES 9
Suess

I set up free Power BI account and sent invite to share my dashboard with 2 others inside same domain; they never received an email from Microsoft at all.  It seems that this is not the first of its kind.  Any solution found yet?

Gee434

These are few issues that I ran into and able to solve.  Sometimes the error message is not obvious.

• Email not received by the user - Check the email alias as they might have a non standard email with number or other parts at the end. When a dashboard is shared, the email address is not validated and no further error message is received.
  • User does not have access to dashboard, gets a similar error message - Office 365 license is required.  If using PowerBI Pro content, it requires the appropriate license as well
  • User cannot sign in - In my organization, every one has two aliases, only one of them is recognizable through Azure AD. So ask the user to enter to correct email address
  • Can get to the DB but not see objects - Verify the access to the tabular model, possibly add them to one of existing roles. Also, try signing out and sign in.
  • Cannot get to PowerBI site or error loading page - Verify the browser version and upgrade.
Alexis
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for your reply, but none of these seem to resolve it. I've since shared it with other uses, some can't access it and some can.

konstantinos
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Are the second colleague uses the same domain name as yours or is his domain registered in the powerbi tenant..

Konstantinos Ioannou

This is the message he gets...

power bi msg.png

The domain is the same

There can be many things or bug..you haven't post many details..like is it by group or account ? shared it from service or copy the link from email? is allow reshare checked? maybe licence settings ?

Konstantinos Ioannou

Sorry, a few more details below..

• It's an inidividual account
  • Tried sharing via the service and copying the link
  • Tried allow share both checked and unchecked
  • Tried the other colleague sharing with him
  • Using the same browser

That's all I can think of..

Thanks, really strange..If you haven't alredy check the licences ( admin ) if he has powerbi assigned and if the content are pro or free..The Team as it seems always updating the service so things sometimes don't work..The best is to send a frown to the support as they are the only understanding error messages..the have good responce times

Konstantinos Ioannou

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors