Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AUaero
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Problem exporting page containing matrix to PDF

Hi,

I've got a report that we typically will export to PDF and print to present to customers.  One of the pages has a matrix visual.  The export to pdf has worked fine up until very recently; now when I export the report to PDF, only the row fields are exported.  I don't get any of the values.  Has anyone else experienced a problem like this?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
venal
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hello AUaero,

I have tried to re-pro the issue from my end with the sample data, i can able to view the data in mtraix visual with out any issues.

AUaero-Export to PDF- Matrix-Desktop.JPGAUaero-Export to PDF- Matrix-Service.JPG

work-around:-

========

Can you please try to publish the file from Power BI Desktop to the same work space once again.

If the issue is persists, please try to publishh the same file in the another workapce.

Hope it will help for your issue.

If it will resolve, please mark this as resolved.

v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AUaero 

Could you please clarify where you encounter the issue? In desktop or service? if you met this in service, please test it in the latest version of desktop for workaround. or vise versa.

In addition, could you share the screenshot of your issue so that I could understand it better.

If you still have the issue in power bi desktop, please share a dummy pbix file which can reproduce the scenario, so that we can help further investigate on it? You can upload it to OneDrive and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

The issue only occurs in the service.  I can successfully export from the desktop app.

I've attached two files, one showing the results of the export to pdf from the service and the other showing the result of the export from the desktop.  You can see that the export from the service cuts off all of the values from the matrix.

Export from DesktopExport from DesktopExport from ServiceExport from Service

Hi @AUaero 

It seems to be a known issue, someone has raised it as an idea. please help vote it to bring it fixed soon:

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/35122855-export-to-pdf-needs-to-i...

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

Dina, respectfully - I don't think this is the same issue.  I am aware of the limitations of printing tables from Power BI.  This is a case where exporting to PDF only exports the row fields in a matrix.  The entire matrix, including the column headers and row fields previously were visible when exporting to PDF.

Hi @AUaero 

Sorry, I was wondering they could be related,  I don't know where's the point coz it works fine on my side. Would you mind sharing your dummy pbix that I can report it to internal team for further investigation?

quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors