Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mraka9
Helper III
Helper III

Problem displaying app on Weebly

Greeting,
I posted the app on a weebly website.
After I spread the app full screen and minimize the display, weebly the background does not display properly (menu, etc.). I was told to come here to solve this problem.
Thanks in advance!

Greetings,

8 REPLIES 8
JaromBIDEVatDK
Helper II
Helper II

Do you have a power BI ratio set or did you customize the page size? 

JaromBIDEVatDK_0-1640296493120.png

Unfortunately I don't know how to do it.
I embedded the public code in the form width="600" height="373.5"

Do you have access to the HTML for the web page? You could add this to the header and iframe:

<script>  function resizeIframe(obj) {
    obj.style.height = obj.contentWindow.document.documentElement.scrollHeight + 'px';
  }</script>

<iframe src="..." frameborder="0" scrolling="no" onload="resizeIframe(this)" />

This is great!
The only problem is that a new window opens.
Is it possible to open a report on an existing website because it is password protected? When opened in a new window, password protection no longer exists.
Thanks in advance!

Based on what I know about weebly and other web dev, that open in a new window is a setting inside that application. If you can't get that resolved, try to find a way to set the iFrame width to by dynamic and the full width of the screen. Then just have the height be set to auto. Be sure to leave the 16:9 ratio rather than using custom pixels. The ratio ensures the report always fits the screen its being viewed on. I think the key is to set the iframe to have dynamic width and height. 

Please let me know if this solves you question and mark this a solution in that case. 

Thank you! I will try to try all possible combinations these days. Let me know if I succeed!

JaromBIDEVatDK
Helper II
Helper II

How are you embedding the app? Iframe, webpart, etc?

Embed via html code. Everything is fine until the full screen of the application is reduced.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors