Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Antoine_fr
Regular Visitor

Problem between Dataflow and Report

Hi,

I'm currently using dataflow to agregate multiple table and there no problem there.

However when I load the dataflow into my report some rows that look alike disappear.

I think the calculation optimizer is deleting some rows be cause when I load each table I don't have this loss of data.

I can't  desactivate it and I'm not even sure this is the reason.

Antoine_fr_0-1627630556127.png

Is this a known bug, I didn't see much information on internet

Regards,

Antoine

3 REPLIES 3
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

I had cases where some of my data had trailing spaces and others didn't. This can result in the inconsistency you describe as Vertipaq tends to silently trim values. I can demonstrate if desired.

Antoine_fr
Regular Visitor

I see the politness is oldfashion, but hello to you too.

Yes I have proof, I'm loading several millions of lines from 6 differents files, I aggregate them in one big table, some lines really look alike but there are no duplicates however I think the enhanced compute engine is deleting some rows or agregating them in the wrong way.

When I load the 6 differents files in the dataflow but aggregate them in Power BI Desktop, the problem disapear.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

"I'm currently using dataflow to agregate multiple table and there no problem there"

So you have proof that the Power Query for your dataflow results in all rows being present?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors