Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Problem: Create Multi-Report/Tile App Dashboard for Different Operation Teams

The part in red is what I'm having trouble with, the rest is just background information.

Lets say we have:

• Nine Power BI reports, each handling a different key performance indicator (sales, safety, attendance, expenses,  vendor compliance, store traffic, etc.)
  • Those nine reports have mutliple pages of measures and visuals specific to their performance area
    • Those nine reports are too big to combine into one report as we get out of memory error.
  • One visual for each kpi that indicates above goal or below goal for the current week.
  • We have 100 stores and thus, 100 store managers

I want to create a KPI dashboard using nine tiles such that:

• Each of the 9 tiles are added to the report and change when the data is updated.
  • Each manager just logs into the App Dashboard once at the start of the day to check performance for the week.
    • Each manager needs to only filter to their store on the dashboard page or is setup with view to their store by default, but they don't need to filter each tile.
    • The manager can see at a glance all nine KPIs and easily see in red or green.
      • They will then dive into the report for futher analysis like one normally would with a dashboard.

I've spent over a dozen hours searching Google, Bing, forums, and ideas trying to figure out how to do this and I can't figure out how to do it, but I can't believe it isn't possible. I'm at a loss and throwing myself at the mercy of this community.  Has anyone done this? Or, am I going to be forced to look at the Report Server paired with SQL? or some other alternative you'd recommend? We'd prefer not to involve our IT dept. so that changes can be quickly made by our BI team.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

If these reports are from same dataset, you can consider to create a mapping table with managers and stores and enable RLS on them.

Then you can publish these reports to same workspace(read-only permission) and dispatch roles to these managers.

RLS with UserName()

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

If these reports are from same dataset, you can consider to create a mapping table with managers and stores and enable RLS on them.

Then you can publish these reports to same workspace(read-only permission) and dispatch roles to these managers.

RLS with UserName()

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors