Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

amilecki
Frequent Visitor

Pro User Share Dashboard to Non-Pro User

I am a Pro user for Power BI and I am trying to share a dashboard from my personal workspace with a non-Pro user but cannot get it to work.  I read that the licensing scheme has changed but I should still be able to share as long as I don't use Pro features.  To simplify matters, I created a blank test report with no data, no tiles, and disabled every feature in settings but I still can't share to non-Pro users.  Please assist.  This is important to determine if our company will use Power BI.  Thank you.Sharing.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
TheOckieMofo
Resolver II
Resolver II

With the new licensing model PBI instituted on June 1, 2017, you can only share dashboards between two pro accounts. You can look at the documentation for sharing here: Share Dashboards and Reports and the comparison of Pro vs Free here: Free vs. Pro Tiers.

Basically, you can now only share dashboards between two pro users.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
natasjamekes
Helper II
Helper II

With Webdashboard you can easily share your Power BI reports and dashboards, with an intern and external users. All you need is an e-mail address. You can try Webdashboard for 30 days and if you need any help, they will quickly react. It's available at the Microsoft App Source and for more information, you can visit the website: www.webdashboard.com 

TheOckieMofo
Resolver II
Resolver II

With the new licensing model PBI instituted on June 1, 2017, you can only share dashboards between two pro accounts. You can look at the documentation for sharing here: Share Dashboards and Reports and the comparison of Pro vs Free here: Free vs. Pro Tiers.

Basically, you can now only share dashboards between two pro users.

Hi 

So why we use Non - Pro Users further more if we can't share dashboard to Non Pro User, What None - pro users can do withing the organization ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors