Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jvandermale

Pro Licensing Issue

Hello,

I'm having an issue with my license. I signed up for pro and am paying for it but when I try to access certain features such as workspaces it says I need to upgrade my account to pro. I think they may have accidentily set me up for the trial version. Please let me know how to proceed to get this resolved.

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jvandermale,

As guavaq said, you can contact your office admin to check your account licenses.

Account information location:

Admin center -> Active users -> Product licenses -> Edit.

large.png

F3400251.PNG

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @jvandermale

I would suggest chatting to your Office 365 admin, because if you have a Pro Trial you can create App Workspaces etc.

What I am thinking is that they gave you a Power BI Free license.

A way to check if you have a Power BI Free License is to create a Dashboard. And try and share the dashboard.

If you do the above and it prompts you to Upgrade, I am pretty confident that you have got a Power BI Free license.

Once you know that, you could then ask your Office 365 Admin to assign a Power BI Pro license to your account.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors