Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MoKi
Advocate I
Advocate I

Pro License for just reading access?

Hello, I want to share my dashboard with collueges who don´t have a pro license. They should be able to read my dashboard an all the changes, which will be automatically generated. Is it necassary to have a pro license for that? I read something about a viewer role, coming up in May. But it is not clear whether a pro license is necessary or not.

Thank you a lot for help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@MoKi The short answer is "yes, they need a Pro license"

If you want co-workers to use the Power BI Service to see the content that you created then everyone needs to be covered by a license regardless of whether they are creating or viewing content.

As you scale or use Power BI for other options then there are different tiers or ways to license the product that would cover people but I don't want to confuse the issue.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

@MoKi The short answer is "yes, they need a Pro license"

If you want co-workers to use the Power BI Service to see the content that you created then everyone needs to be covered by a license regardless of whether they are creating or viewing content.

As you scale or use Power BI for other options then there are different tiers or ways to license the product that would cover people but I don't want to confuse the issue.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors