Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Pro License for Guest User Issues

Hi, @samchong 

I wonder if you are in the access list of the workspace including the content you want to access. By default, external Azure AD B2B limits guests to consumption of content only. External Azure AD B2B guests can view apps, dashboards, reports, export data and create email subscriptions for dashboards and reports. They can't access workspaces or publish their own content. To remove these restrictions, you can use the Allow external guest users to edit and manage content in the organization feature.

For further information, I'd like to suggest you refer Distribute Power BI content to external guest users with Azure AD B2B .

Best Regards

Allan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi @v-alq-msft,

Thanks for your reply. Yes we have configured as what you have mentioned. It was working fine before and there were no configuration changes.

The support page has posted the following that there was an issue with Pro Account. I guess this is the reason many of us are having issues out of the sudden?

"Power BI Pro customers trying to access externally shared content from a different Tenant may encounter a message asking to “Upgrade to Power BI Pro”. Engineers have identified the root cause and ETA for a fix is end-of-day 06/07/2020."

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Same issue is happening with my clients.  We share content (Reports and Datasets) with external Pro license users, they've been able to use the service without an issue until this week.  They go their link, try to click on one of the objects and nothing happens.

I see the little blurb on the service page that says something is wrong with external sharing and that it's put on the back burner for fixing and no other information or link to something that I can pass along to my customers. 

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @samchong 

Is this issue solved? If not, let me know and I'll try to help you further. Thanks.

Best Regards

Allan

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

The microsoft fix worked Thanks

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi @v-alq-msft ,

Yes, the issue has been resolved. Thank You.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Mark your calendars and join us for our next Power BI Dev Camp!.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!