Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Pro Account Cannot Publish to an App Workspace

I have a Pro Trial Account (for testing purposes).  I have been able to activate the pro trial and create an App Workspace (which is a pro feature).  When I try to publish to the App Workspace, it says I need a Pro account to do this (which I have).  Please see attached video.  This would appear to be a bug.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ovwhssbgzdqnb1m/pro%20licence%20not%20working.wmv?dl=1 

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

OK.  I can't explain.  It didn't work originally as shown in the video, now it does.  Thanks

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Frede
Helper I
Helper I

Hi!
I have the exact same problem. For a training 5 people have today signed up for the free trial and then activated the Pro trial. For all users it says "Pro trial: 60 days left" in the Power BI Service. All users can create a new workspace (requires pro license) and they can access a workspace that I have created. However when users try to publish to the app workspace they get the exact same error message as Matt has in his video. We have tried to sign out from both the desktop and the service and re-login again to see if it is something that does not stick but to no avail. I am suspecting some kind of timing issue with some background service or similar but it is very annoying that it does not work right away. We waited for about 1,5 hrs and tried again but it did not work. Users obviously do have pro trial but  are not allowed to publish to the workspace.

Sure, thanks

@MattAllington wrote:

I have a Pro Trial Account (for testing purposes).  I have been able to activate the pro trial and create an App Workspace (which is a pro feature).  When I try to publish to the App Workspace, it says I need a Pro account to do this (which I have).  Please see attached video.  This would appear to be a bug.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ovwhssbgzdqnb1m/pro%20licence%20not%20working.wmv?dl=1 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MattAllington

As the issue is resolved now, may I close the thread? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

OK.  I can't explain.  It didn't work originally as shown in the video, now it does.  Thanks

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MattAllington

I tested on my side, Pro trial account is able to publish the report from Power BI desktop version 2.68.5432.661 to the new version app workspace. Please test again on your side to see if the issue still occurs. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors