cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Pro Account Cannot Publish to an App Workspace

I have a Pro Trial Account (for testing purposes).  I have been able to activate the pro trial and create an App Workspace (which is a pro feature).  When I try to publish to the App Workspace, it says I need a Pro account to do this (which I have).  Please see attached video.  This would appear to be a bug.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ovwhssbgzdqnb1m/pro%20licence%20not%20working.wmv?dl=1 

* Matt is a Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Pro Account Cannot Publish to an App Workspace

OK.  I can't explain.  It didn't work originally as shown in the video, now it does.  Thanks

* Matt is a Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Moderator v-qiuyu-msft

Hi @MattAllington

I tested on my side, Pro trial account is able to publish the report from Power BI desktop version 2.68.5432.661 to the new version app workspace. Please test again on your side to see if the issue still occurs. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Super User
Super User

OK.  I can't explain.  It didn't work originally as shown in the video, now it does.  Thanks

View solution in original post

Moderator v-qiuyu-msft

Hi @MattAllington

As the issue is resolved now, may I close the thread? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Super User
Super User

Sure, thanks

@MattAllington wrote:

I have a Pro Trial Account (for testing purposes).  I have been able to activate the pro trial and create an App Workspace (which is a pro feature).  When I try to publish to the App Workspace, it says I need a Pro account to do this (which I have).  Please see attached video.  This would appear to be a bug.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ovwhssbgzdqnb1m/pro%20licence%20not%20working.wmv?dl=1 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Learn the answers to some of the questions asked during the Amanda Triple A event.

October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Solution Badges

New Solution Badges

Two waves of brand new solution badges are coming! Read the article for more information on our new community badges.

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Experience a limitless analytics service built to ingest, prep, manage, and serve data for immediate use in Power BI.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 251 members 2,440 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: