Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dmmalkin
Frequent Visitor

Printing unscrolled data in matrix view

If a table requires scrolling because there are like 1000 rows, how do you print the entire table. In Excel, I just select the range and print it. Power BI only allows me to print a snapshot of what is currently showing on the screen. What about all the "unseen/unscrolled" data rows. There should be an easy way to do this.

14 REPLIES 14
Clara
Advocate II
Advocate II

2019 and this is still just an idea. Oh gosh

stevieburrito

Hello again from 2018 - can we get an update on this from the Power BI team?

omegatablets
Frequent Visitor

Hello from 2018, Is there a fix to this issue?

kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

@dmmalkin

Can you  not just export the Matrix to excel and print from there as a temporary work around?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

That is really no solution because the data was from Excel (where I can easily make a pivot chart and print there). The real advantage of Power BI would be that I could take data sets from several sources, make a visualization tile, and print it out from a Power BI tile. Is that possible?

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@dmmalkin, the unscrolled data will not be printed, plz submit one idea on the Power BI Ideas forum. I will also report it internally. 

@dmmalkin

i am going to be honest and say that I don't think the unscrolled data is intended to be printed within the current version. I believe this has been suggested in the the idea forum prior to now. My best understanding is that full printing was not originally a complete function as PowerBI was 'intended' to be the presentation in and of its self. You cannot pivot or slice on a print out and excel already provided static information. That being said, I have read that full printing functionality is in the works but I cannot remember the timeline for roll out.

In addition, I believe different browsers have different printing capabilities. . .

Keep in mind that I am a user like you so I do not have any great insight on the inner workings of the dev. team. And my "understanding" may not actually reflect the facts of the matter, it is based upon what I have read and been told in past trainings.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

What about if you bring a tile into Excel from Power Bi using the "Power BI Tiles" addin for Excel?

Let's say this tile was "scrolled" matrix view for example. Would you be able to print out all the rows in Excel?

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dmmalkin,

Based on my test, we can only print the matrix both in dashboard or report with visible data, the under screen data will not be printed currently. For this issue, I will report it internally and keep you update once get any feedback.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Is there any possibility to copy and paste a tile into Excel and they print it from there?

Hi @dmmalkin,

In Excel, we can use Power BI Tiles add-in to integrate Power BI tiles or visuals. For more information, please refer to this article: Integrating Power BI Tiles into Office documents.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Do we have any updates regarding this issue? I also couldn't find the idea so I can vote for it

I found one idea that mentioned this issue. Hope they can start to work on this.

Once the tile comes into Excel with scrolled data,

1. is it dynamic and interactive

2. can you click the tile in Excel and print all the scrolled data (or just the image showing currently)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors