Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Printing multi page reports

Hi All,

I have a 16 page Power BI report which is deployed to workspace.

I would like to print all the pages of the report for which I have pinned the report pages to a dashboard.

However when I print the dashboard it shrinks all the report pages into a single page which is printed.

Can someone let me know of how I can achieve this functionality of printing the entire report page wise?

Even if there is way where we could save the entire report page wise in PDF will be good, which I can then print it.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Vinayak Zirmirkar

9 REPLIES 9
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

>>Can someone let me know of how I can achieve this functionality of printing the entire report page wise?

You can find out the print option at the report - > File menu.

Capture.PNG

Notice: it only print the current page, if your report has multiple pages to print, you should repeat these operations.

>>Even if there is way where we could save the entire report page wise in PDF will be good, which I can then print it.

After above steps, you can choose "Microsoft Print to PDF" option to print the current report to pdf format.

Capture2.PNG

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-shex-msft,

Thank you for the reply.

Is there a way to print all the pages in a report in one click?

To achive this I pinned all the pages of report to dashboard, but on printing the dashboard, all the report pages in dashboard are shrinked to fit in one page.

Can you please suggest.

Thanks,

Vinayak

Hi @Anonymous,

>>Is there a way to print all the pages in a report in one click?

The answer should be no, it only support to print current page.(I test to modify the page range, but it seems not available)

>>To achive this I pinned all the pages of report to dashboard, but on printing the dashboard, all the report pages in dashboard are shrinked to fit in one page.

Yes, if you print the dashboard, it will try to print all tiles in one page. In my opinion, you can try to use "Export to PowerPoint", then save it as pdf format.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-shex-msft,

Export to powerpoint is a good option, but it does not support custom visuals.

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Vinayak

Hi @Anonymous,

Sorry for that, but I also not found an effective solution to achieve your requirement, perhaps you can submit the requirement to ideas.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

djnww
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi @Anonymous,

This is one of the most requested things on this forum.... proper export to PDF capability.

Export to Power Point is the best solution, but as you said, does not include Custom visuals.

I would ask you to vote, but there are so many Power BI ideas on the same topic...

D

djnww
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Actually, vote for this one:

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/13720101-export-printable-pdf-fro...

Export to PDF in Power BI Desktop is probably how Microsoft is going to remedy the issue.

D

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @djnww and @v-shex-msft for your inputs.

I have voted for the idea, lets hope Microsoft comes up with the solution soon.

Regards,

Vinayak

Anonymous
Not applicable

Providing the ability to print to PDF from Power BI Desktop will not be a practical solution for my organization.  Most (95%) of users employ only the Power BI Service as it would take 30+ minutes to first download the PBIX file to their desktop.

Does anyone know whether Microsoft is working on the ability to print multiple page reports from the Power BI Service?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors