Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Printing issues in Power BI Service

Customers recently experienced issues while printing from Power BI service.

When they click on Print->Save as PDF or Microsoft PDF printer using google chrome browser, the page is cut off -only half of the page is being printed.

The issue has been noticed today. They were able to able to print fine using edge/chrome browsers last month.

They can't print using Internet explorer browser either.

Does anyone else notice this issue? 

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having printing issues (2019 11 15), although mine appear to have started a couple of weeks ago.  My printing issue appears to be based on the frame, I have established a very specific report that is defined as letter size. When I print through the service there is a large blank space to the left (appears as though it is based on the view frame, instead of the report frame).  It nicely removes all of the menu structure, if I perfectly size the browser window I can kind of make it work but is very time consuming.
Second issue is that it will not print the logo.  
My current work around is to print to PDF which appears to be working accurately.  Will need to hide the slicers and other information, which can easily be done through bookmarks. If there is something that I am overlooking please advise?  Thanks for any help.

2019 11 15Printing Issue.JPG

Marticar001
Frequent Visitor

Only work around I've found is exporting as PDF and then printing through there.  Still looking for solutions.  Clearing Cache did not solve the issue.  Also tried multiple browers with no success.

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous ,

Clear the cache of Chrome browser and try again to see if it works.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I cleared the cache and tried again. The printing issue persists.

Hi @Anonymous ,

It is a known issue, please check CRI: 108480238 and CRI: 111283681.

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Having the same problem with all browsers with an embedded report.  Printed early last month but now certain pages only print about half.  Clearing cache did not help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors