Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Printing issue from service

Hi All,

I am trying to use print functionality from Service, but having issues with it. From internet explorer its not working properly. From chrome, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Issues are like same page from dashboard in multiple pages in PDF (printing), not full page occupying during printing - white space is appering, etc.

I have also gone through below link, but doesn't help much.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-service-print/ 

Do we need to do any settings in report to have proper printing from Service?

Thank you in advance!

Regards,

Niket Talati

10 REPLIES 10
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Things like scaling, margins, orientation, size are not controlled by Power BI, they are related to browser. Regarding to the above margins issue, I would recommend you post the question in the Google Chrome Help Forum to get dedicated support.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yuezhe-msft,

Thank you for your reply. I will open a question in your suggested link. Only thing is, for some dashboards, printing is working fine, for some not. So I thought some settings we need to do in Power BI for better printing.

Regards,

Niket Talati

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-yuezhe-msft

Also the header colors of slicers & charts and images are not printed from the service. I think these issues related to Power BI, not browser. 

Please help me to fix these issues.

Regards,

Niket Talati

hi @Anonymous and @v-yuezhe-msft

Did we ever have a resolution for this? I am runing into the same issue. I have tried with both Google Chrome and Internet Explorer. Could you please help.

PowerBI Print Issue.jpg

Thanks;

Andrew

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AndrewDang, no solution till date.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same issue with my business too. Print scaling is so ad-hoc, that it just doesn't make any sense. When printing a dashboard, all reports gets squeezed in to a single page. With a dahboard having 6 full page sized tiles - which is quite common - the printed single page is utterly useless.

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Expend “More settings” in your screenshot, set Margins to custom, then adjust the margins by moving the dotted lines in your Preview page as follows.
Capture44.PNG

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-yuezhe-msft,

It doesn't help me. Smiley Sad

I have multiple pages in the dashboard and when I print them, it is coming like below.

2016-07-11_16-07-32.png

Regards,

Niket Talati

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Could you please post a screenshot about your scenario? How does the dashboard look like when you get a Print Preview? Based on my test, when I print a dashboard and save it as PDF file, all pages of dashboard are in one page of PDF file as follows.
Capture3.PNG

In addition, we don’t need to do specific settings in report to have proper printing,  as stated in the article you have mentioned, things like scaling, margins, orientation, size are not controlled by Power BI. For help with issues like this, refer to the documentation for your specific browser.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Lydia,

Thank you so much for your response. Below is the print preview from my dashboard and from report page. I can see lots of white space. 

printpreview.pngreportprintpreview.png

What should I do to avoid this? I am using google chrome browser.

Regards,

Niket Talati

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors