Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ksicard2430
Helper I
Helper I

Printing Power BI Reports Dynamically from Service

Hello all,

I am currently implementing a Power BI financial report system and writer using Power BI. I am struggling with an obstacle that I am faced with and would like to request the communities help.

Power BI currently allows me to print my reports via PDF or PowerPoint. However, it does not provide the option to print my reports dynamically. For example if a matrix or table visualization contains enough data to require the user to scroll through the visulization, when printed the report will not display the data that is not currently within view (static). This is problematic when trying to print finacial reports into a paper medium for board meetings and etc..

Does the commuity have any solutions to printing Power BI reports dynamically. This is critical to my project and appreciate any advice of information.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

Currently Power BI will not show the entire table when it prints via PDF or power point.

If you want the entire report page to be printed you will have to look at paginated reports. This will do what you are looking for.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/paginated-reports/paginated-reports-report-builder-power-b...

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ksicard2430,

The filter effects that you applied on the report in the reading view not really saved to the report. Export features only consider with the filters that already applied to the source report contents.
You can consider submitting/vote ideas about export contents with persistent filter effects.

If you are working with the paginated report, you can consider using rest api, it allows you to send parameters to the export:

Export paginated report to file (preview) 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

Currently Power BI will not show the entire table when it prints via PDF or power point.

If you want the entire report page to be printed you will have to look at paginated reports. This will do what you are looking for.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/paginated-reports/paginated-reports-report-builder-power-b...

Power BI Blog

GilbertQ,

I appreciate the info. I have two more questions:

1. Do you know what the license requirements are for posting paginated reports to service? Do you need premium or will Pro licenses suffice?

2. Can Power BI reports be migrated to paginated report builder easily without having to re-build the reports?

Hi there

1. You will currently nee Power BI Premium to use Paginated Reports.
2. You will have to re-build the reports for Paginated reports.

Power BI Blog

@GilbertQ 

Thank you so much for all the help. My last question is that I am having trouble identifying an information source from Microsoft on why premium is required. Do you have any links with the license and feature requirements for Power BI Report Builder?

I am primarily looking for information from Microsoft on this. I will need to make the client aware of the license requirements and I have been having trouble finding official information on this.

I appreciate your help and will mark your original post as the solution.

Hi there

Here are all the details for Power BI Premium https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/admin/service-premium-what-is

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors