Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

iwf
Helper I
Helper I

Print to PDF background image problems

Hi,

I have report for which i created background image. In power BI Desktop and also on Workplace on everything looks good (Pic 1). But when I print it to PDF (from Desktop or from Workplace), the background image is not in correct place, it moves down (Pic 2 ). When I export the Report to PowerPoint, the pages are OK.

Any tips how to solve this?Pic2.jpgPic1.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi,

I didnt help. I went through other forums and as I understand, MS do not support printing the reports. So I gave up. I take it as Power BI reports are not printable, when background image or other graphics is used.

Cheers

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Mats_S
Regular Visitor

Hi,

I've had the same problem for a while and today I found an solution for the problem.
When you add a picture as a background you need to change "Image Fit" to "Fit". Then the picture will stay in the right place during Export to PDF.

Power Bi Image Fit.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Mats_S,

You are correct, this was the solution that used to work for me as well. When i used to export the report in PDF format it was all ok and image was in center/middle alligned position by setting it to "FILL".

But now since i have upgraded to March 2020 updates, this feature is not working correctly and the exported PDF file has background image bottom aligned as complained by the thread author.

What is the problem now?

Hi
If you select Fitt instead of Fill then it should work, Fitt is the only setting that fixes the problem.
I'm running the March 2020 update and it works for me.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your response.

Yes, "FIT" woks for me too but it stretches the image vertically and doesn't print PDF with original image dimension.

Is this happening with you too ?

Hi naeembaig,
I create all my backgrounds in PowerPoint with 16:9 ratio and save it as PNG and use that as background. When I choose Fitt in Power Bi I get a small stretch in the vertical direction but it has been close enough for me.

Hope this will help you.

v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @iwf 

You can try Chrome browser and enable Background Graphics to print background color.For further,please refer to this post.

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @iwf 

Could you tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is,kindly mark the helpful answer as a solution and welcome to share your own solution. More people will benefit from here.

Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

I didnt help. I went through other forums and as I understand, MS do not support printing the reports. So I gave up. I take it as Power BI reports are not printable, when background image or other graphics is used.

Cheers

Hi @iwf 

Got it.Kindly mark your answer as a solution to close this thread.

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors