Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RyanBarkley
Frequent Visitor

Print report page is distorted

I have created a multi-page report and had various users complain that when they go to print, the page gets cut off, like only the top corner of that report page printed on a page.

I have been able to reproduce the intermitten issue as so:

1. Using google chrome, browse to the report.

2. Open the report of interest

3. Open filters on the page to apply the specific filter.

4. Change tabs.

5. Go to "File" -> "Print" within power bi service.

Some times the print preview will only show the top left corner of the report page with the rest cut off.  I find that if i go back and collapse the filters section on the right, then print again, it will show the report page just fine.  It seems to me that this may be an intermitten issue between browser and the rendering of the service page.  Any thoughts or suggestions on how to reduce occurance would be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @RyanBarkley,

After research, I can not reproduce your scenario. Could you please share a screenshot for further analysis?

Best Regards,
Angelia

The first is when I open the app and select the filters, select the page of the report and then go to power-bi's file->print.  Randomly it comes up like this for printing.

TheGardens - print distorted blurred.jpg

The second is when I canceled the distorted printing and hide filters pane.  Then hit power-bi's file->print.  This comes out just fine.

TheGardens - print is fine blurred.jpg

It may just be a chrome issue, but since my latest communication with Microsoft suggested I should be using Chrome, I was going to see if there may be any other reasons behind the intermittent issue.

Hi @RyanBarkley,

It's weird, the feature works fine in my Power BI service. Please test it using other browser and check if it works fine. And please create a support ticket on the right bottom here if there is still the problem. Welcome to share your solution if you find a workaround.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors