Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Sea_and_Anne
Helper I
Helper I

Print Dashboards

Hello,
I need to print a Dashboard. When I'm going to the option print->save as pdf, my dashboard appears really small (in such way that is impossible to read). I know that scaling, margins, size are not controlled by Power BI. But there is any kind of best practice that i can do during the desing of my dashboard to be possible to print? Or any browser where the print works..?

Thanks in advance for your help.

🙂

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capture.PNG

@Sea_and_Anne you can go to the report in powerbi service click view->fit to page->pin_the_visuals/live_page-> print/save to pdf. This will resolve your issue. Thanks.

v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Sea_and_Anne,

I have tested it on our local environment (Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge), the dashboard display fine on PDF. The setting looks like below.
Capture.PNG

Please make sure that use Shrink to fit for Scale option.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

I haven't noticed that behavior with Dashboards. With Reports I have noticed some funkiness. Generally, make sure that you collapse your left-hand navigation pane before printing (File | Print). That helps tremendously in Chrome and Edge. Both of those browsers seemed to work perfectly with Dashboards though. Perhaps I am missing the option that you are using? I was using the ellipses on the Dashboard and then Print.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors