Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tbarnes1985

Primavera P6 to Power BI Text

Good morning Power BI Community,

This is my first post to the forums as I have recently been using Power BI to support the work I do for my company within the last year or so.  My company has invested in the ability to tranform P6 data to automatically generate data into Power BI to allow us to create live reports.  One facet we have been using is inserting notes to P6 activities within a schedule that generate into the Power BI dashboard.  One issue we consistently have is that the text pulls in with "weird" characters.  The text shows us as   or some other form of the same nature.  We have tried to remove "Enter" spaces within the notes, as well as double spaces between periods and the next sentence and using only one period.  I'm hoping there are some individuals that have used P6 along with Power BI and there are folks that utilize P6 and know of some nuances with the program.  Any insight would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you for your time!

Regards,

TB

Power BI Note.JPG

P6 Note.JPG

1 REPLY 1
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @tbarnes1985 

I'm not familiar with P6 Primavera .You can create a support ticket to ask the Microsoft technical team about this question.

You can aslo consider creating an excel file/SQL Azure data warehouse for P6 and then connect it directly to Power BI. https://project2080.com/en/connect-primavera-p6-to-power-bi/ 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors